Saturday, February 3, 2007


Hello.

Have you felt the soul-stirring that comes with aiming your packed motorsickle down the road for a multi-day adventure? There are few feelings that can compare.

I HOPE TO SHARE SOME OF MY LOVE OF MOTORCYCLING, AND IDEAS AND OPINIONS, WITH YOU, DEAR READER OF THIS BLOG. PLEASE CHECK BACK FROM TIME TO TIME.

I've been riding since 1966 or thereabouts; my daddy had a 120 Suzuki "scrambler" that I started on, riding the foothills north of my hometown - Boise, Idaho.

My first motorcycle was a 1973 Yamaha RD350 - a 2-stroke twin road bike. I bought it lightly used in 1975; I haven't been without a motorcycle since.

My current "main" motorcycle is a Harley-Davidson FXDX, purchased new in 2000. It's a fantastic machine; comfortable for around-town putting, but fully capable of over-the-road touring. I've averaged about 6500 miles / year since. I also have a 1978 Yamaha SR500 "thumper" in mothballs; I hope to make her once again roadworthy for her 30th birthday.

If I were a rich man, I'd have a garage full of motorcycles of various shapes and sizes, and I'd spend many a blissful day aiming 'em down a road or a trail.

No comments: